Tuesday 18 September 2012

Getting Started with Generation One

Hello there and this is my new blog all about my Random Legacy Challenge on the Sims 3. For more information about the Random Legacy Challenge click the link here http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ So first of all I am going to run through the various options that I chose, randomly of course, to give you an idea of what my first generation will be like. I used this random generator to get my numbers http://www.this-play.nl/randomnumber/ With no further ado: Roll one is to choose the family structure. I ended up rolling a 30, this led to the Second Chance option which means I have to have a starter partner and have at least one child with them, then somehow get them out of the picture and get another spouse/partner. This will be interesting... My next roll was for the number of children I will be having which was a 4. This means that I have to have at least two children this generation. Thank god the 4 didn't mean four kids!! Roll three was the Primary Income selection which in my opinion is the most important part! Anyhoo, I rolled a 15 which meant my main character had to have a profession so next I had to roll for which profession, exciting!! I got an 8 which turned out to be a Movie Director! Awesome first job then... My head is whirring with the possibilities!! So then next roll was for my first partner/spouse, which I don't really care about because I already know they will be splitting up! Well, I got a 6 which means a non-standard career, hmm don't know if I like this option... I rolled again to chose which non-standard career they would have and I got a 1, which meant a collecting career (if you can call it that!). Good job this pair will be splitting up then! Ok, so next up is the Generation Goal which can make or break the whole game-play experience if I find myself hating the actual goal of this generation!! Ok with fingers crossed I rolled the random number generator... and got a 12. Hmmm, property mogul. This is actually fine with me, since I usually dabble in the businesses aspect once my Sims have enough money, the only setback might be earning enough money to become a partner. I will have to get my Sim busy making the moolah then! And last but not least the Miscellaneous Fun roll... of which I got a 4. No Strangers, which means I can't call any service Sims to my house, ok no maid or repair man or even a babysitter!! That won't be too hard!!?? So there we have have it, my first generation set in motion; will I fail the challenge or complete it brilliantly?? Read my next blog where I will be introducing my fresh new characters and explaining the choices I made when creating them, this will be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment